Senior Software Engineer, Data at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join the Engineering Team in our Los Angeles office.
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Data Engineer at Honey, you will:
- Implement machine learning models to production
- Design, build and operate Honey’s data pipelines with a focus on performance and reliability
- Participate in new feature development for recommendations, product catalogs, and mobile applications
- Propose and evaluate storage technologies and methodologies with an eye toward scalability and performance
- Design and implement data pipelines that handle a thousand messages per second streaming
- 5+ years programming in at least one modern programming environment. Python, Scala, or Node.js are helpful but not required
- 5+ years architecting with both SQL and NoSQL data stores. We use Big Table/HBase, Spark, Dataflow, Spanner, BigQuery, and Elasticsearch, but if you have experience using Hive, Hadoop, or Pig that works too!
- Experience designing schemas and maintaining representations for low latency, request- cycle queries
- Experience with streaming platforms (PubSub, Kafka, Kinesis) and near-real-time data pipelines
- Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Comfortable building and maintaining data infrastructure in the cloud
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.