Senior Software Developer, ETL
As a Senior Software Developer, ETL at Spokeo, you will be responsible for implementing ETL processes using a variety of data sources. This can include the effort to locate and analyze source data, create data flows to extract, profile and store ingested data, define and implement data cleansing, map data to a common schema, transform data to satisfy business rules and validate content.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to define business logic for source-to-target data mappings and integration workflows.
- Profiling source data to assess the quality and inform business logic.
- Developing source-to-target data mappings and transformations to support business requirements.
- Collaborating with Data Engineers to optimize, automate and integrate new components into the data pipeline.
- Mentoring and ensuring the implementation of technical best practices for data governance, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL related activities.
- Leading ad-hoc investigations into data anomalies as needed.
- B.S. preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of development experience with Pentaho (or equivalent tools such as Talend, DataStage, and Informatica)
- Big Data experience in ETL tools such as Pentaho AEL or Informatica Blaze.
- Advanced SQL coding skills for data transformations, profiling, and query tasks.
- Experience in agile environments such as scrum and Kanban.
- Preference for open source big data skills in tools such as Hive, HBase, parquet, Spark.
Spokeo is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.