Senior Operations Analyst
The Strategy & Operations (S&O) team at Weedmaps partners with our Sales and Product teams to drive revenue, craft and execute sales strategy, and constantly innovate to grow the business. Members of the S&O team focus on initiatives and projects that constantly fuel the growth of the company
As a Senior Operations Analyst, you will play a key role within the organization by using a data-driven approach to make strategic recommendations and drive understanding of our fast-growing business. You will be a key member of the team that Sales looks to for insights and strategic direction. In this role, you will also provide analytical support to key special projects ranging from reporting and execution of new processes, the rollout of new platforms, and support key strategic business objectives.
You are a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, and capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You have a tendency to roll up your sleeves, slice and dice massive sets of information, and build solutions to problems that have not been taken on yet. Supporting and developing a data-driven Sales organization is second nature to you.
- Live and breathe data to create insights that drive operational efficiency and business results
- You are highly proactive in creating new lenses to examine the business to effectively and quickly drive initiatives and data-driven strategies across the organization
- Bring rigor and visibility to key business drivers and metrics through development of dashboards and visualizations
- Take advantage of massive amounts of data to understand how our customers interact with our product and service offerings
- Develop and build key revenue and sales pipeline metrics
- Present strategic insights and recommendations to senior management and cross-functional stakeholders
- Perform advanced analysis activities, including defining, measuring and communicating core operational goals
- Minimum 3 years experience analyzing data and driving actionable results
- Fluent in SQL or any other database querying language
- Experience working within a sales operations function is a plus
- Prior startup or tech world experience is a big plus
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver
- Strong background researching and manipulating complex and large data sets
- Strong working knowledge and skills in spreadsheet and presentation software
- Experience with data visualization tools (Chartio, Tableau, etc)
- Comfort working in ambiguity with a focus towards fast execution and iteration
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, business, MIS, or related field of study
- Bonus: Knowledge of complex analytical packages including, but not limited to, R, SPSS, Stata, and SAS
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Accident Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read “no suit and tie required”, but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing backend services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!