Senior Manager of Analytics
We're looking for a Senior Manager of Analytics to partner with Procore’s Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Operations teams to provide answers to critical questions about how to scale the business and launch high-impact initiatives. You’ll help solve challenging problems and boost company growth with applied analytics techniques and business insights. A successful Senior Manager of Analytics will bring their technical background in data analysis and data science together with solid people skills and a robust knowledge of business operations and analytics within a SaaS company.
You’ll play a critical leadership role in our growing centralized data analytics team, whose mission is to inform, assist, and empower teams at Procore through data tools and insights. This role will require you to lead the team towards objectives, understand and drive focus on business priorities, provide guidance and mentorship on data infrastructure and science, advise on predictive and machine learning models, build strong business relationships, and help galvanize Procore’s data-driven culture.
This role is based in Carpinteria, CA and will report to our Director of Strategy & Analytics.
What you’ll do:
Build and lead a team who will:
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand data needs and define, validate, and measure core performance metrics
- Focus on relationship-building with various stakeholders across the organization to drive adoption of self-service analytics tools and complex/predictive models
- Set the data roadmap from quality to visualization to predictive modeling, and manage the build-out of “single source of truth” dashboards and data sets to track standard metrics performance and progress on business initiatives at all levels of the organization
- Extract actionable business insights through analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional customer behavior data sets
- Translate complex concepts into implications for the business via excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Work with the Data Infrastructure team to set requirements for data format and optimization in our Data Warehouse, and with the Operations teams to push through systems/processes improvements relevant to data generation and consistency
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in CS, Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics, Business, Economics or related quantitative field
- 6+ years experience using analytics to drive key strategic business decisions; examples include business/product/marketing analytics, business intelligence, strategy consulting
- Experience building data programs and leading a team providing analytics and data support
- Ability to lead and inspire a team, 2 + years of management experience
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction
- Significant experience with SQL and large datasets; deep understanding of statistical analysis, common quant techniques (regressions, etc.), and experiment design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex analytics to various audiences
- Experience with approaches to data capture, storage and analysis, and advanced experience with Excel and PowerPoint, Looker, Tableau or similar BI tool
- Demonstrated execution of outcomes against objectives/deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in and ability to understand cloud networking technologies
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.