Are you passionate about data and infrastructure on a global scale? Are you curious, a builder, a problem solver? Our platform handles billions of events a day, terabytes of data, and millions of network requests with frequent code deployments. As a Senior Software Engineer, Data Services, you will work within Tinder’s Cloud Infrastructure team to build, automate, scale, monitor, and migrate critical database infrastructure using modern technology stacks. Are you ready for a challenge?
In this role you will:
- Scale our cloud-based database infrastructure for a global user base of hundreds of millions, ensuring low latency and high availability
- Collaborate with engineering teams on data storage for Tinder’s backend services.
- Play the role of data architect, providing critical input on schema and system design.
- Evangelize best practices for using databases efficiently at scale.
- Standardize and streamline our database infrastructure, focusing on automation and building things the right way rather than the fast way
We're looking for:
- 5+ years experience as a database engineer, software engineer with focus on backend or infrastructure, systems/database administrator, or site reliability engineer
- Experience working with database platforms (such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Redis, S3, Kafka, etc.) in user-facing applications (i.e. OLTP) at scale
- Experience and/or interest in systems design, infrastructure
- Strong programming skills
- Experience with cloud providers e.g. AWS, GCP, AzureBS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
Bonus points if you have:
- A technology-forward mindset to infrastructure, i.e. infrastructure-as-code, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with big data, batch processing, stream processing
- Experience architecting data at scale
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.