Senior Database Administrator
Cloudvirga is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to join our growing team in Orange County! In this mission critical role, you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of our SaaS platform’s SQL Server RDBMS systems. We will rely on your expertise as a DBA to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our applications. This is a “hands-on” position leveraging your solid technical skills, as well as your excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Sound like you? Please keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems and assist in capacity planning.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Assist developers with development of complex SQL query tuning and schema refinement.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Provide 24x7 support for production systems and perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
- Create and manage constraints and indexes.
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- BA or MS in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
- 10-15 years’ experience administering Microsoft SQL server databases
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction systems; SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS); SQL Server Clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies and Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
Where You’ll Work:
Cloudvirga is a FinTech startup that is disrupting the lending industry with an intelligent consumer point of sale platform. We’re tackling the home loan process, while creating a better experience for consumers, reducing loan costs and time to close, and eliminating the hassle of multiple touch points. We encourage our employees to be innovative and we empower our teams to deliver creative solutions to automate the trillion-dollar home loan market. Having been adopted by several top lenders in the country, Cloudvirga is one of the fastest growing companies in this space!
We offer all full-time employees unlimited paid time off to allow our team members to properly recharge, competitive base salaries, bonuses, equity, and affordable health coverage with generous company contributions.