Senior Data Scientist
Greater LA Area
With over 20 million members, GOAT is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Our Data Science team supports many vital tasks around the company including authentication, personalization, fraud detection, business development, operations, and much more.
In this role you will:
- Build machine learning models driving predictive APIs
- Enrich the product discovery journey with recommendation streams
- Solve complex logistics optimization problems
- Work in cross functional teams to develop novel features and strategies
- Identify and validate new features to be used across our machine learning services
- Communicate the results and methodology effectively within the team and to external stakeholders
- Design and run company wide experiments to provide statically validated insight
We are looking for:
- Educational background in relevant field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or other quantitative fields)
- Practical experience with data processing and data mining
- Proficiency in statistical analytics and machine learning algorithms
- Proficiency in at least one mathematical programming tool such as Python or R
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description