Senior Data Scientist at Mothership
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:44 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 31, 2020
We are building the future of freight
At Mothership, we believe in unlocking the world's potential through speeding up the delivery of everything people need. Started in 2017, we’re backed by some of venture capital’s best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today’s most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As Senior Data Scientist, you’ll get to set the direction of our data science efforts and architecting systems that will shape our company for years to come.
The ideal individual for this position is someone who will build the next generation logistics platform that leverages our unique marketplace structure, enormous trove of data, and cutting edge research to provide a world class service for businesses across the nation.
What you'll get to do
- Build solutions that leverage our marketplace to optimize our real-time fulfillment system
- Build efficient routes, ensuring high service reliability and availability, and optimizing pricing for supply and demand
- Create models to deal with uncertainty along the logistics fulfillment process
- Create models to predict supply and demand across our service areas
- Use data to create next generation products that improves the delivery experience for our drivers
What success looks like in this role
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years experience working in a quantitative role at a product company or research organization
- Ability to write efficient and eloquent code in Python
- Significant experience in statistics or optimization
- Must have a strong product sense
- Ability to communicate complex information to both engineering professionals and non-specialists
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Direct experience working on balancing supply and demand in a complex marketplace is a plus
Technologies we're working with
Perks and Benefits
Highly competitive salary and employee stock options
Full health, dental and vision (PPO)
Unlimited paid time off
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to? Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description