We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Founded in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As Senior Data Scientist, you’ll get to set the direction of our data science efforts and build data products that will shape the freight industry for years to come.
The ideal individual for this position is someone who can develop a strong understanding of our business problems and build data products to solve them. This is a data science role with a heavy focus on product thinking. The freight industry is very old and many areas of the fulfillment process are built around outdated technology. This presents a great opportunity for someone with a strong understanding of the capabilities of modern technology and fresh eyes to come in and reshape the industry. We have assembled a world-class team of people who fit that description and if you think that’s you as well, then please join us in leveraging our unique marketplace structure, enormous trove of data, and cutting edge research to provide a world-class service for businesses across the nation.
What you'll get to do
- Use data to improve our freight pooling system to create efficient and reliable routes
- Determine optimal strategies for our dispatch system to increase our driver acceptance rates
- Optimizing our pricing system for supply and demand
- Create data models to predict issues with deliveries and pickups
- Create data models to predict supply and demand across our service areas
- Create next generation data products that improve the delivery experience for our drivers
What success looks like in this role
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years experience working in a quantitative role at a product company or research organization
- Strong product sense
- Deep understanding of statistical modeling or optimization
- Experience developing models and optimization routines in code
- Proficient in Python and related data science tools (Pandas, Scipy, Numpy, Scikit-Learn, Jupyter Notebook, etc)
- Strong skills in data analysis and data visualization
- Ability to communicate complex information to both technical and nontechnical coworkers
- Direct experience working with marketplaces is a plus
Technologies we're working with
Perks and Benefits
Highly competitive salary and employee stock options
Full health, dental and vision insurance coverage (PPO)
Unlimited paid time off
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to, let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description