Senior Data Engineer at Fair
The Analytics Team partners with stakeholders to measure and provide insights to test, confirm, and debunk assumptions. As a Senior Data Engineer, your skills will lean toward the architecture of our current data stack; building and maintaining reliable and performant data pipelines.
Our data stack consists of:
Fivetran + Custom Data Loads → Snowflake → DBT → Looker
We are especially focused on reusable and clean data modeling, so strong SQL experience is required and knowledge of concepts such as Kimball-style data warehousing is a plus. We are also power users of DBT, so if DBT is something you know or are interested in, we may be a good fit for you.
- Work regularly and collaboratively with other members of the analytics team to build data pipelines and dimensional models within the data warehouse
- Develop a context of our business and analytics goals to guide development of our data architecture
- 4+ years experience writing SQL
- 4+ experience writing Python or comparable language to extract and transform data
- 2+ years experience modeling data in a cloud data warehouse (Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query, etc)
- Experience using DBT is a plus, however not required. We use and love DBT
- An inclusive culture that values diversity and providing equal support and platform to all employees
- 100% coverage of medical, dental and vision benefits for employees AND their families
- Up to four months 100% paid parental leave
- 100% Remote work optional (up to you!)
- Remote work stipend and paid-for office supplies
- Unlimited vacation
- 401(k) (non-matched)
- Stock options
- Paid-for LinkedIn and other learning programs
- Employee referral bonus
It’s Fair’s policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, medical condition (as defined by California law and which includes pregnancy or childbirth), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political activity or affiliation, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, Fair prohibits harassment on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws.
For written California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure notice, click here.
For audible California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure notice, click here.