Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Get to know the current state of data at ChowNow, from original source to the data warehouse to visualization and reporting.
- Work closely with the Analytics and Business teams to understand needs and use cases
- Learn ChowNow’s engineering practices by contributing a change to the code base.
- Learn ChowNow’s analytics practices by making a table in the DWH and a dashboard
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Contribute changes to the data pipeline and transformations to improve availability, quality and consumption of data.
- Work with the Lead of Data Engineer to plan for the future of the ChowNow data platform
- Understand the other data sources in use by the various customers across the business (starting with the Analytics team), improvement opportunities and new data to make accessible
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Partner with analyst and data scientists to understand key uses cases, pain points and opportunities to improve the data platform
- Identify opportunities to and begin building to improve our core data transformations and begin building them
- Identify opportunities and begin building to improve availability and quality of central data
- Identify opportunities and begin building solutions to improving consumability of data and scalability of analytical workflows.
You Should Apply If:
- You have experience building ETL pipelines into a data warehouse and event layer
- You have experience with using Python in a production environment.
- Your SQL and relational DB experience is excellent (Snowflake is a plus)
- You have experience with AWS technologies
- You are able to gather data from a variety of sources and interfaces, including REST APIs
- You have experience working in a high-volume data environment such as e-commerce and SaaS environments
- 5+ years data management, data engineer or analytics engineer experience (practical non-data engineering experience is also valued)
- You enjoy iterative, agile-esc development process with frequent releases
- You like collaborating with multiple stakeholders within and outside the Data & Analytics team
- You make decisions based on data and evidence
- You take great pleasure in writing quality, highly maintainable code
- You thrive in environments supporting your growth, and where you can support others
- You are excited about new technologies and spend time staying up to date in the industry
- You have experience and passion to fitting pragmatic solutions to problems (building, open source, vendor)
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.