Senior Data Engineer at PatientPop
Senior Data Engineer, Data Team, Santa Monica, CA
PatientPop is a healthcare technology company that helps practices thrive with an all in one practice growth solution. Our platform empowers practices to promote themselves online, attract patients and retain them for life. We improve every digital touchpoint along the patient journey, so patients can easily find and choose a practice, and become their advocate. We also improve every aspect of a practice’s online presence to help them attract the right patients to their services, and keep them coming back.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment — one of the best, according to Great Place to Work.
At PatientPop, we are building a world-class data team. We are looking for a senior data engineer to join our rapidly growing team and architect and develop elegant solutions for wrangling our diverse data sources. We use this data to build data products which provide key market, customer and product insights. With these insights, we can prospect and sell more effectively and create high-value products to help our customers thrive. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help grow the presence and impact of data-driven solutions to a variety of business challenges.
What you will work on here at PatientPop:
- Work with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Business Stakeholders from marketing, sales, product, customer success and finance.
- Define technical requirements and design and develop data models, data processes, and overall data architecture for our data warehouse.
- Build, test and refine pipelines and databases and develop optimized ETL processes to extend our industry-leading stores of market and user data.
- Establish data governance.
- Ensure data quality and consistency.
- Enable access to data users across the company.
- Support data products that drive business decisions company-wide.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative and fun environment where you will
- constantly learn, grow and challenge yourself and your team to build a world-class data engineering practice.
Our tech stack:
- AWS - VPC, Cloudformation, S3, Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis, RDS, ECS, Sagemaker
- PostgreSQL, Redis, MySQL
- ELK stack: ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana
Skills that will help you be successful in the role:
- 5+ years of experience with data engineering.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and Python.
- Proven ability to devise innovative solutions.
- Experience gathering complex business requirements and identifying data
- Extensive experience with the design and development of relational,
- non-relational databases and data warehouses.
- Extensive ETL development experience with large-scale DBS or big data
- AWS Redshift experience strongly preferred.
- You’re curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly.
- You demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- You’re a go-getter and seek ownership of projects with the demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- You love working with some of the best world class engineers, product managers and architects.
- You strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work.
- Opportunities to host PatientPop talks
- Dog friendly
- Weekly catered lunches
- 100% fully-paid health, dental and vision options
- Stock options
- 401 (k)
- 2 Blocks from the beach and next to the promenade
- And many more perks!