Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than 10 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit.
Dave is a virtual-first company, which means there is no preference on where team members get their work done. Employees are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the only exception of Hawaii for now. For those who want to work in an office setting on a more regular basis, we will eventually open offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others and just announced our plans to go public by the end of 2021.
We're looking for a Data Engineer with an amazing opportunity to design, develop, and deliver our data platform from the ground up
- Design, develop and deliver/implement data solutions to include: architecture design, prototyping of concepts to proof of concept, development of standards, design, and development of test plans, code and module design, development and testing, data solution debugging, and design and implementation
- Optimize existing data pipelines and create new ones to manage data sets while learning the platforms from which we extract data; Develop and maintain third-party API processes for data pipelines
- Design, implement and manage data warehouse solutions
- Support and maintain data and database systems to meet business delivery specifications and needs. Document structure and processes
- Work with Data Science to create and launch new models
- Work with various business and engineering teams to ensure reliable, scalable, robust architecture for our data platform
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or other STEM fields.
- 4+ Years of Software Engineering Experience with a focus on Data
- Experience programming in SQL (No-SQL is a plus)
- Experience with ETL tools such as Talend/Stitch, Alooma, Fivetran, or similar tools DBT tools
- Experience with Data Warehousing solutions such as BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, or similar managed solutions
- Expert data modeling skills with experience tuning and optimizing for performance
- Experience designing and operating data services & data pipelines
- Familiarity with GCP’s data tooling (e.g. Dataflow, CloudComposer, BigQuery, PubSub) or similar cloud toolin
- Experience with financial datasets and associated reporting
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, and development skills
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.