Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
A content technology platform, Nativo helps advertisers create meaningful brand connections with consumers and empowers publishers with breakthrough monetization solutions. We’re preparing the world for the age of content, where digital advertising is becoming a seamless, authentic, and helpful consumer experience.
We invite you to join us for an exciting and rewarding experience as a Data Engineer. This role will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and improving our big data infrastructure. Additionally, this team is responsible for providing various advance mathematical solutions for large-scale problems in other areas of our system. Nativo’s platform processes “near real-time” billions of events daily and the amount of data we process is growing rapidly. The data being processed is being used in various parts of the platform, such as reporting, machine learning based algorithms, etc. This role reports to the data engineering team manager.
What you'll do:
- Adapt and improve Nativo’s big data solutions (including data “collection” and processing)
- Adapt and improve Nativo’s Reporting Platform, built on top of our big data infrastructure
- Assure accuracy of data processing and outputs through high development skills, adherence to best practices, thorough testing, and peer reviews
- Performs code and design review work of other engineers in the team
- Collaborate with other engineers from other teams when designing and building new products and solutions.
What you need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proven experience with developing large-scale big data solutions
- Hands-on experience in SQL and NoSQL big data databases
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop and Apache Spark
- Programming experience in Scala, Java or Python
- Knowledge in data streaming platforms such as Kafka or Kinesis is a plus
- Experience with working in AWS environment is a plus
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to reach out and use team strengths to get the work done with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- You must be motivated, driven, and passionate about programming and technology
What We Offer:
At Nativo, you make an immediate impact. Nativo is made up of smart, talented and driven people looking for other potential team members with the same attitude of innovation and excellence. We offer incredible opportunities to learn and work on projects that transform digital advertising. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes stock options, health coverage, employer-matched 401k, cutting edge work, and the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup with a proven product.
Nativo empowers brands and publishers with the world’s most advanced platform for content.
For brands, Nativo enables storytelling at scale with the largest native reach and reveals insights that unlock return-on-content. For publishers, Nativo enriches monetization with the most comprehensive platform for next-generation ad formats and breakthrough technology for accelerated webpages. Nativo’s mission is to equip advertising for the age of content, improving the web experience and creating meaningful connections for today’s digital consumer.
From the hands and minds of an amazing team, Nativo has engineered a platform that has been recognized as the best available in the market. Nativo is respected, well-funded, and is recognized as one of the top tech companies to work for. Nativo is well-positioned to play a vital role in forging the path of media and advertising in the coming years. The opportunity to join a team that is making a huge impact is now.