Senior Data Engineer
Honey is helping millions save money every day and we're growing! Our data pipelines process hundreds of millions of events per day. We are looking for engineers who love distributed systems and are motivated by the challenge of scale. Data engineering at Honey is a small team, so you’ll have opportunities to work on a variety of product features and technology platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement machine learning models to production.
- Design, build and operate Honey’s data pipelines with a focus on performance and reliability.
- Participate in new feature development for recommendations, product catalogs, and mobile applications.
- Propose and evaluate storage technologies and methodologies with an eye toward scalability and performance.
- Design and implement data pipelines that handle a thousand messages per second streaming.
- 5+ years programming in at least one modern programming environment. Python, Scala, or Node.js are helpful but not required.
- 5+ years architecting with both SQL and no-SQL data stores. We use Big Table/HBase, Spark, Dataflow, Spanner, BigQuery, and Elasticsearch, but if you have experience using Hive, Hadoop, or Pig that works too!
- Experience designing schemas and maintaining representations for low latency, request- cycle queries.
- Experience with streaming platforms (PubSub, Kafka, Kinesis) and near-real-time data pipelines
- Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Comfortable building and maintaining data infrastructure in the cloud
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.