Senior Data Analyst, Business Intelligence
OpenX Technologies, Inc. is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our fun, dynamic and high-performing Business Intelligence team within the Finance organization. Our organization’s mission is to steer the financial growth of OpenX through the delivery of world-class financial intelligence, guidance and services. In this mission we value reliability, integrity and fearless stewardship of OpenX’s business. We strive to operate with objectivity, rigor and strategic insight.
The ideal candidate will be a highly engaged data analyst with three to seven years of experience in an analytic role. You will be responsible for developing in-depth business analyses, providing ad hoc analytic support to the entire business, and monitoring key performance indicators. An analytic mindset is a must as you will design and execute sophisticated quantitative analyses and advanced data modeling that translates data into actionable insights. The ability to communicate complex data and statistical concepts to a broad audience is also important as you will be providing decision making support on a variety of key initiatives.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to accelerate your career development by learning the dynamic ad tech industry from within one of its leading companies.
- Develop, lead and execute deep dive quantitative analyses and advanced modeling that translates data into actionable insights
- Perform ad-hoc analysis serving teams across the company
- Manipulate large data sets in an efficient manner via scripting
- Develop financial and data models and tools that provide a platform for decision making on a variety of business issues and key initiatives
- Provide analytical and decision-making support for key company initiatives
- 3-7 years of analytical work experience, preferably within a business intelligence, analytics or data modeling role. Experience working with large data sets preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (such as Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics). Master’s Degree in Data Science, Statistics or similar field preferred.
- Superior analytical abilities and the ability to form key, succinct insights and recommendations from comprehensive analyses involving large amounts of data.
- Prior experience with statistical modeling and techniques required. Prior experience with R, SPSS or similar statistical software preferred.
- Ability to identify and solve difficult problems, and strong business modeling skills.
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency with MS Office suite of applications. Experience with scripting languages (such as Python) a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver presentations.
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with multiple levels of management.
- Extremely proactive with a strong bias for action; naturally inquisitive; desire to continuously improve current business practices/processes.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task.
- Prior SQL experience or experience with other relational database systems; strong SQL skills are required. Previous experience with Hadoop a definite plus.
Company at a Glance
OpenX exists to help publishers grow their businesses by monetizing great content. We do this by creating highly efficient, high quality programmatic advertising marketplaces that deliver optimal value to all buyers and sellers of digital advertising.
Today, OpenX operates one of the largest, most efficient and highest quality programmatic markets in the world. Our unified system also encompasses a complete supply side platform that optimizes revenue across network and real-time bidding (RTB) demand, and a comprehensive ad server.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
We are one
Our customers define us
OpenX is mine
We are an open book
We evolve fast