Senior Business Analyst, R&D at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your business analyst skills to help develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Sr. Business Analyst to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically under-served industry.
As a Sr. Business Analyst, you’ll contribute to R&D’s operational efficiency by designing, prioritizing, and driving improvements to R&D’s collection and use of data from a variety of sources. You’ll work directly with business stakeholders in Engineering, Product, UX, Revenue, and G&A to understand the company and team initiatives and compile a prioritized roadmap of process and systems improvements. You’ll work alongside Business Systems Analysts in collaboration with Business Intelligence Engineers/Analysts to design and drive implementation of the roadmap.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Work with business stakeholders to understand and anticipate team and company needs related to R&D’s collection, analysis, reporting, visualization, and interpretation of data from a wide variety of sources
- Deliver analytics-driven insights to help stakeholders implement new and modify existing processes and systems that increase operational efficiency both within R&D and cross-departmentally
- Develop and provide reporting from systems when requested, and train others on building and interpreting reporting
- Help design data flows for integrations between systems
- Maintain updated documentation of process and system configurations
- Establish and implement best practices with regards to process improvement, new project requests, data integrity, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in a data analytics role with strong problem-solving skills
- 5+ years experience with relational databases, structured data, data management, transformation, governance, data cleansing, deduplication, and supporting toolsets
- Experience scaling or leading a similar job function or program in a large organization is a plus
- Experience working directly with business systems such as JIRA, Github, Amplitude, New Relic, Uservoice, Datadog, Workday, etc. is a plus
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or similar BI/data visualization tools is a plus
- Intermediate SQL competency
- Working knowledge of data warehouses, data catalogues, and ETL pipelines.
- Experience with 3rd party SaaS application integration is a plus
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with business stakeholders across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Bachelors degree in CS or related field desired
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.