Senior Analytics Engineer
Greater LA Area
Appetize is an Enterprise Point of Sale software solution in over 65 major sporting venues and more than 300 entertainment venues nationwide. Our software powers the technology behind every food, beverage and merchandise transaction at these venues.
We’re looking for truly exceptional Tableau Guru.
You should be able to operate without much direction, but be excited to work closely with a team. We want developers who are opinionated about smart ways to build, yet humble enough to listen and take input well. You should want to take ownership of the reports you build…you are shipping to customers, not just completing story points. We’re looking for developers & architects who care deeply about the quality of the product they produce…it impacts your team, your company, and your customers. QA can and will help, but ultimately, you embrace the fact that the quality of what you ship is your responsibility.
We have an incredible team, with a brilliant culture. Your friends will be jealous when you tell them about your day at work. Send us your resume!
- Work in Agile & Kanban mode and attend daily stand-ups
- Recommend best practices of Tableau architecture, minimizing maintenance steps and risks
- Tableau Administration, such as configuring extracts & Scheduling Tasks
- Creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server log-ons and security checks
- Support Operational teams to understand business and data requirements, and iteratively design and document dashboards, alerts and reports using Tableau tools
- Write SQL scripts to extract and transform data for use with the Tableau platform
- Build new data visualizations (e.g. dashboards) based on existing data sources
- Work with team to identify best means to display data, e.g., dashboard, charts, reports, tabular, filters, selection options and subsequently build
- Able to lead a demo and showcase individual and group work
Ideally You Have:
- Experience in rolling out Tableau as Self-service solution for large number of users
- Abilities to advise customers in governance of Tableau as self-service analytics tool
- Abilities to analyze performance issues and recommend optimizations for best performance
- Experience with application architecture for web apps and PHP
- Good knowledge of version control tools, Jira and experience collaborating with a large team
- Experience with ETL data warehouse technologies
- 6+ years of dedicated, Tableau experience, ideally Tableau V 2019
- Strong understanding of multi-tier architectures, design patterns and good engineering practices
- 4+ years of experience with larger data sets (4TB) on Snowflake and optimizing for report access and speed
- 4+ years of experience with managing a large set of Tableau Reports supporting multiple environments.
- 4+ years of experience with Tableau Server administration including resolving performance issues, responding to extract errors.
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau Server log file and proactively monitoring and resolving server errors.
- Experience with Financial or Accounting data reporting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent listening skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent experience
Read Full Job Description