Senior Analyst - League of Legends, Monetization Products
The Insights discipline empowers Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
Are you looking for a career where your strategic skill and analytical prowess can be used alongside your love of games? As an Analyst at Riot Games, you'll use the data generated across our ecosystem to better understand our audiences and systems. Your technical skill set, audience empathy, and ability to understand complex systems will ensure that we understand the implications of our work on our audiences.
You will join the Player Immersion & Expression initiative where you’ll be working on products such as champion skins and other cosmetic content, loot, events, and new monetization products or distribution strategies. You will actively contribute to product strategy. This could include activities such as developing recommendations for the portfolio mix of content, evaluating product performance, and surfacing opportunities. This includes crafting frameworks, measures, and dashboards that power decision-making, as well as building presentations with powerful narratives around recommendations based on player data. Which champions should we prioritize making skins for? How should we distribute our new line of Prestige Edition skins? What product line should we make next? Help us make better decisions for players through sussing out those insights from massive amounts of player data.
- Partner with your product team to generate insights and frameworks that’ll inform how we build our products and experiences
- Collect, transform, and analyze complex data to more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors, and build the pipelines to sustain these analyses
- Share your results with other Rioters and leaders in clear, illustrative presentations and dashboards
- Collaborate with researchers and data scientists to deliver multi-modal analyses
- Mentor other analysts, helping them learn from your own experiences
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to structure out nebulous spaces
- Effective communicator with the ability to create clear presentations and convey complex or nuanced topics to any audience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to represent data in digestible ways, including building user-oriented dashboards
- Minimum of five years work experience in data analytics or other analytical capacity
- Experience in ecommerce, product strategy, or revenue strategy for consumer-facing products preferred
- BA or BS in Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statstics, Business, or other related discipline; advanced degree in analytical field a plus
- Proficient in Excel and in SQL or other relational database approaches
- Proficient in Python or other scripting language, or willingness to learn
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).