Senior Analyst, Business Operations
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
Business Operations (BizOps) operates like an internal consulting group to define and drive strategic, operational and financial improvements across the company. As a Senior Analyst in Business Operations and member of the Finance team, you will play a critical role in analyzing data and building financial models to identify key opportunities that drive strategic business initiatives. You will work in small project teams to find solutions to complex business challenges to provide insight and recommendations to key stakeholders including Product, Marketing, Operations, Sales & Customer Support, Business Development, and HR.
As a Senior Analyst in Business Operations, you will:
- Analyze business data to identify trends, draw conclusions, develop recommendations and help drive data-driven decision-making
- Build complex financial and operational models to provide immediate and long-term financial insights and extract customer behavior
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deeply understand business objectives and build insightful reporting
- Work closely with Product and Operations Managers to operationalize recommendations
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking or project management in a technology/media company
- High technical proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs including building complex financial models
- Desire to learn database querying (e.g. SQL) and 3rd party visualization tools (Periscope, Tableau, Looker)
- Experience developing data-driven hypotheses and effectively communicating actionable insights to decision-makers
- Ability to translate analysis results into business recommendations
- Ability to work outside of your comfort zone and embrace the ambiguity of a high-growth startup environment