Who we are
HopSkipDrive is the innovator in youth transportation, getting kids to their highest potential by removing mobility barriers, one ride at a time. Our platform is the safe, dependable transportation solution schools and families rely on to get kids where they need to go. Through our proprietary technology and innovative safety measures, our platform provides transportation solutions for school districts and families across the country. In addition, we partner with county governments and non-profits to help ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable youth. We understand that transportation can be the difference between success and struggle, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
From our founding, when 3 moms came together to develop HopSkipDrive as a solution to their challenges getting their own kids where they needed to go, we have continued to innovate and execute, growing to now serve more than 7 markets across the country. We have driven more than 5 million safe miles while getting 750,000+ kids to more than 6,000 schools. Backed by top tier VCs and strategic investors, and with more than $27M in funding, we’re reinventing youth transportation.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s Best Places to Work.
Who you are
You are an A+ player who is looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by the mission we are pursuing and by the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. You are excited to bring your best everyday, to learn from those around you and to push hard while contributing to our powerful vision of positively impacting kids’ lives everyday.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
Together we are building the largest, most caring and most productive community of drivers in the world. HopSkipDrive CareDrivers transport thousands of children safely to their destinations everyday.
- An A+ player building a challenging and rewarding career with a passion to work in a highly data-driven culture
- 2+ years experience using contemporary tools for data wrangling, reporting, modeling and visualization, including technical proficiency in Tableau, Excel, Google Sheets, and SQL
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to identify and troubleshoot inefficient, unreliable processes.
- Ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities, thrive on solving challenging problems and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- An entrepreneurial mindset: no job is too big or too small for you and you are comfortable “building the plane while flying it.”.
- Intellectual curiosity and a love of learning.
- Ability to translate the needs of non-technical business stakeholders into detailed requirements and communicate the results clearly in “layman's terms”
- A background in agile development, data science and/or start-ups preferred.
What you’ll do
- As the Marketplace Analyst you will produce data-driven insights that help us match supply and demand efficiently as we scale and contribute to the analytical rigor and efficiency of data processing for the supply-side of the business as a whole. You will be embedded within the Marketplace Department with a matrixed reporting relationship to the central business intelligence team.
- Fully own the clarity, accuracy and usability of marketplace and supply-side data, ensuring the right data passes at the right time and in the right way from our apps and 3rd party platforms into the data warehouse and into a range of applications used by business stakeholders.
- Continuously improve the rigor, accuracy and usability of the data products used by business stakeholders
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop new data products, translating data needs into detailed requirements and bringing them to life
- Produce data-driven insights that give a range of business stakeholders more visibility and control over the marketplace
- Design experiments, collaborate with engineering to build effective data collection and processing infrastructure, and analyze results
- Support a wide range of marketplace and supply initiatives where greater analytical or data processing firepower is needed to move the business forward
What You Will Get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, BYOD technology reimbursement, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.