Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive and rapidly growing.
The Analytics team powers data-informed decision-making at Tinder, and we are hiring a Manager of Data Science to join our growing team. We are looking for creative, tenacious problem solvers who are passionate about our product and excited to work with our rich, sophisticated data. As a Manager of Data Science on the Analytics team, you will be a part of a cross-functional team - including Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Finance - to improve our extraordinary platform. You will maximize a comprehensive dataset of user behaviors to develop experiments, models, reports, and insights to guide our business decisions. You will also be a leader on the Analytics team, managing data scientists, developing an analytics roadmap, and pushing the team to improve their knowledge and toolset.
In this role, you will lead the User Growth Data Science team, providing support for A/B test design and analysis. You will be responsible for identifying data-driven insights through ad-hoc analyses, presentations, and automated reports and dashboards. Experience with growth and acquisition across consumer products is a plus. In this role, your insights will influence the performance of our business, the experience of our users, and the direction of analytics at Tinder.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of 3+ data scientists
- Be a leader with a point of view for the organization and the team, using data to constantly challenge and reshape our understanding of customer behavior and business performance
- Derive and communicate data-driven recommendations regarding both the prioritization of potential product/marketing initiatives and performance of current initiatives
- Define and operationalize the detailed tracking of company-wide, team-specific, and product-specific performance metrics via rollup tables, dashboards, and automated reporting
- Design and analyze experiments to rigorously test specific hypotheses
- Find the “story” in the data and share insights across the organization
- Research product opportunities and help build business cases
- Stay up-to-date with the latest analytical trends and motivate your team to do the same
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Economics, Computer Science, Statistics), Master’s degree or PhD preferred
- 6+ years of experience in data science or analytics2+ years of experience managing data scientists
- Ability to develop a nuanced business understanding, testable hypotheses, and meaningful findings from data
- Eagerness to identify and explore new product/marketing opportunities, potential improvements to our data infrastructure, and unanswered questions about customer behavior
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and a willingness to collaborate with business partners
- Experienced with SQL and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau or Mode)
- Proficient in Python or R
- Substantial experience with and understanding of A/B testing and advanced statistical techniques
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.