Manager, Data Science at Tinder
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:06 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive and rapidly growing. Tinder’s Business Analytics Team is looking for a Manager of Data Science to join our growing team.
The Business Analytics team owns the decisions made with our data. We develop a deep understanding of both the business and its data to provide recommendations and proposals for prioritizing initiatives, product launches, and evaluating company performance. We establish close working relationships with teams across the company - including Product, Marketing, Engineering and Finance - and partner with them to design A/B tests, evaluate features, track KPIs, and conduct research on user behavior.
We're looking for a hands on people manager who is passionate about serving as a critical partner to the business and leading, mentoring, and developing a team of analysts. The ideal manager is both a player and a coach, comfortable developing data-driven insights via ad hoc analyses, presentations, and automated reports and dashboards but also managing other analysts on how to overcome roadblocks in their own analyses and organize their efforts for success. This role will require extensive experience with SQL, data wrangling, and statistics.
- Lead, develop and grow a team of high performing data scientists
- Partner with stakeholders across the business to develop a thorough understanding of their business needs and design solutions to empower them with data
- Prioritize and lead deep dives into our data to uncover new product and business opportunities
- Balance priorities as an individual contributor on cross-functional teams while also maintaining responsibilities of organizing and assisting other analysts to maximize their contributions
- Find the “story” in the data and communicate insights and opportunities with executives and other internal teams
- Develop analytical frameworks, roadmaps, and metrics for the team and broader organization
- Serve as a champion of sound decision-making at all levels of the company
- 7+ years of data science or analytics experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience leading and managing high performing teams
- Demonstrated experience being the analytics leader for a product or feature from start to finish, across multiple sprints of iterative “test and learn” cycles
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Skilled at managing cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple teams
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate with others to drive cross-team and cross-organization initiatives forward
- Proactive and independent leader with practical business sense and bias for action
- Proficiency with SQL and scripting skills, preferably in Python, required.
- Familiarity with common KPIs, metrics, and growth experiments
- Experience with consumer mobile products preferred
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.