Lead Software Engineer - Data Warehouse at sweetgreen
The data landscape at sweetgreen is constantly evolving as we find new and better ways to serve our customers and connect people to real food in their communities. As part of the Data team at sweetgreen our mission is to deliver data of the highest quality to stakeholders at the speed of the business.
As a Lead Software Engineer you will help drive the design, execution, and ongoing support of mission critical data warehousing projects that enable reporting, analytics, and engineering needs across all business units. The Data Warehouse is the backbone upon which all decisions at sweetgreen will be made.
- Work with engineering and data warehouse stakeholders (e.g. business intelligence, engineering teams) to gather, document and refine data requirements
- Help shape the growth of in-house data resources to support the Business Intelligence team and self-serve analytics
- Define, design, model and implement evolving, structured and unstructured datasets
- Identify data usage patterns and proactively plan vision for future data needs
- Design architecture to industry best standards ensuring high performance, availability, scalability, and maintainability
- Design, build and deploy ETL application and infrastructure from data lake to data warehouse
- Integrate new sources of data into the unified data model and ensure data quality, proper cataloging, and documentation
- Train stakeholders on data capabilities and warehouse resources
- Help maintain uptime and uphold SLA’s for the data warehouse
- Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation, and scalability
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 6-8 years experience in a cloud based Data Engineering role working in a modern data ecosystem
- Experience with Data Lake, Data Warehousing, and Business Intelligence
- Firm understanding of data warehousing and SDLC best practices
- Experience with Enterprise ETL Frameworks - including Error Detection & Handling, audit logging, archival, asynchronous data loading, change data capture, etc.
- Excellent communication, documentation and stakeholder management skills
- Experience with relational and MPP database engines
- Expert SQL skills, with a preference for cloud-based SQL engineering experience (Snowflake, Redshift, or similar)
- Experience working with cloud data warehouse technologies
- Proficiency in one of Python, Java, Scala, or a similar programming language
- Strong culture of customer service towards stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Familiar with AWS, Redshift, Airflow and Snowflake
- Experience writing ETL applications in Spark, Glue, Matillion, Fivetran, etc
- Ability to operate in an agile/scrum environment
- Experience operating in or advising Data Governance organizations
- Self Starter with ability to work independently or as part of a team
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4K+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.