Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
About the role
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will partner with product management, marketing, technology and engineering teams to elevate user insights, marketing analytics and decision science to the next level by focusing on modeling for machine learning and personalization. Data Scientists in this role get to work on unique problems and see the impact their work has on our users.
Summary of Duties
- We're looking for a Lead Data Scientist to elevate user insights, marketing analytics, and decision science to the next level
- Map user journey and increase the understanding of customers by developing profiles and segments based on behavioral data
- Build, test, optimize and productionalize machine learning models (e.g. product affinity, LTV etc.)
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and provide actionable insights to marketing and product teams that drive business decisions
- Help design data warehousing system to fit Data Science needs
- 4+ years of experience in product-oriented quantitative analysis and decision science
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or other quantitative field
- Experience with Data Robot preferred
- Strong experience using SQL and working with large data sets
- Data modeling experience in Python or R
- Hands on experience developing ETL pipelines
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning models and advanced statistical techniques (Gradient Boosted Trees, Neural Networks, Logistic Regression, ANOVA, Time Series Analysis)
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources to drive actionable insights; a proven influencer with excellent communication skills
- Expert data harmonization skills – questions every data point before relying on itIndividual Contributor – can work with least guidance, and a Team Player – can mentor and guide individuals with passion for data
Benefits & Perks:
· Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Voluntary life insurance plan
· Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.