Junior Data Engineer at WELL Health, Inc.
WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is honored to be ranked number 170 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. WELL is also proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times, and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. Most recently, WELL Health was recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles in 2021 by Built In LA. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL is looking for a Junior Data Engineer to join our growing organization. You will report to our Director of Data Science and would be responsible for assisting with WELL’s data and analytics platforms. You are someone that is excited about being at the forefront of the healthcare technology space. You enjoy working with data in a structured, collaborative, and inclusive environment.
As a Junior Data Engineer you will work with members of the Data team, as well as the Product and Application Engineering teams.
This is an exciting role for an early career data engineer that is looking for their next opportunity at a fast-paced startup. This role has room for growth within the data field, with opportunities to advance into Business Intelligence or Data Science work.
- Contribute to the system architecture and infrastructure decision making processes
- Hands on work with overall ETL re-engineering
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field (Bootcamp experience OK)
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience
- Some experience with Data Warehouse Experience with Oracle, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Some experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or another public cloud service
- Demonstrated knowledge in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, etc.)
- Experience with Linux/UNIX
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with members of the data team
- Experience working with AWS with a strong understanding of Redshift, EMR, Athena, Aurora, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, EC2, etc.
- Experience with Looker and/or Tableau
- Experience with NLP
- Experience with Matillion and/or AWS Glue
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and to prioritize the health of our employees, all WELL positions are temporarily remote. We are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work at or around June 2021. For this role, we are only open to candidates that currently reside in Santa Barbara, or would be open to relocating to Santa Barbara once we return to in-office work.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee Equity groups – many groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks: dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- MacBook Pro provided
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous equity package
- Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.