Jr. Business Analyst at Prodege LLC
Named as one of LA's Best Places to work in 2020 by BuiltInLA, Prodege, LLC, an internet and media company that is dedicated to “creating rewarding moments” for its members by rewarding them with more than $700 million in cash and free gift cards since inception. Prodege is comprised of four consumer brands — Swagbucks, MyPoints, ShopAtHome, and InboxDollars— which deliver engaging content and valuable rewards to more than 100 million members worldwide. Prodege's complementary suite of business solutions helps brands boost engagement with consumers by making it easy to gather insights, listen to their audience and gain further exposure to drive brand loyalty.
We are looking for a highly-motivated self-starter who is extremely analytical, loves data, and has excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams within the company’s organization. The Junior Business Analyst - Redemptions requires a passion for problem solving, proficiency in Excel, some working knowledge of SQL or willingness to learn, and high comfort with exploratory business analysis to synthesize findings into clear, actionable presentations.
This role is responsible for performing a full range of activities that will positively impact operations and improve financial monitoring and reporting. This position will report to the VP of Finance and work closely with senior management to create business reporting and perform various ad hoc analyses to support strategic decisions around redemption optimization for Prodege’s various consumer facing brands.
- Partner with redemption operations team to guide strategic direction of redemption strategy and cost optimization.
- Regularly monitor and audit the data integrity related to redemption operations.
- Provide financial and data analysis to support recommendations related to redemption optimization.
- Work on building/expanding financial and operational reporting capabilities that provide leadership with key insights about the business and help drive the right business decisions.
- Routinely meeting with and presenting to the VP Finance regarding operational and financial performance, among other things.
- Assist in proper recording, accounting and reporting of transactions.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Statistics or related quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Basic understanding of data query/data management tools (e.g. SQL).
- Ability to parse large datasets into meaningful communications for business leaders.
- Intellectual curiosity with a desire to understand and solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Detail oriented, able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.