Head of Global Data Analytics at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a leader to focus on Data Analytics.
About the Team:
This team will be responsible for driving analytics across our various product verticals to help drive the best business decisions to support both Honey and our customers. This includes analyzing everything from marketing to revenue data to help derive insights that tells a story to inform our perspective and identify where our focus should be. How do we measure success and evaluate progress? This team will be empowered to determine these critical decisions.
About The Role:
At Honey, great data and the stories we tell with that data drive our decision making and evolution as a business. As the Head of Global Data Analytics, you will be responsible for laying the foundation and architecting the data we capture, how we think about data, and how we use that data as a tool every day. You’ll be a key partner to every team at Honey and support many of our teams (like Revenue and Marketing) to build the solutions that impact our external partners as well. You will lead a team of data scientists, consumer insights experts, and analysts to evolve our analytics strategy and act as a key stakeholder in enhancing our data technologies. This position reports directly to the Head of Engineering.
What You’ll Do
- Architect and evolve our strategy around consumer insights, data collection, analytics, and associated technologies
- Scale rigorous decision-making through causal inference, machine learning, analytics, and data product engineering
- Partner with the Revenue and Marketing teams to optimize our partnerships and marketing spend; partner to the Engineering and Product organizations to identify new products, enhancements to existing products, and the overall effectiveness of the work we are doing
- Leading our A/B Testing, quasi-experimentation, predictive models, and machine learning efforts
- Application of the scientific method and cutting-edge algorithms to optimize digital advertising, lifting acquisition and reducing wasted spend
- Leading the rigorous A/B Testing and quasi-experimentation towards acquiring new members through signup funnel optimization, messaging, and SEO.
- Lead, grow and develop a high performing team of analysts
- Ensure and improve data integrity, data accuracy, and data quality
- Establish best practices for big-data technologies, tools, and processes
- Identify new data sources to enhance analytics
- Collaborate with all teams to find growth levers and optimization opportunities
- Apply data mining techniques to uncover actionable product insights
- Own and improve our A/B and MVT experimentation process
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Math, or related field; advanced degree highly valuable
- You are a seeker of truth and understand that data doesn’t always tell it
- 10+ years of experience in data analytics, web analytics, and /or marketing analytics
- 7+ years of experience with data warehouses and ETL
- 5+ years of experience managing data analysts, business analysts, data scientists, data engineers, and ETL engineers
- Passionate about people management, leadership, and cross-functional partnership
- Experience working with analytics and data visualization tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Snowplow, Tableau, Looker, and SQL
- Experience with open-source big-data tools such as Spark, Hive, HBase, Parquet, Hadoop, HDFS, map-reduce, etc.
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Demonstrated execution of large-scale research, testing, and analytics from beginning to completion, including expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies (e.g., A/B testing, multivariate testing) and experience developing audience or consumer-based research
- Experience communicating to an executive-level audience specifically telling the story with action-oriented implications that are impactful to the business