Financial Data and Reporting Analyst
We are looking for a Financial Data and Reporting Analyst that will discover new and better ways to deliver essential business information and insights to our managers the business. This role will have a deep understanding of both the business and data infrastructure, and will be focused on defining, organizing and reporting internal data to drive strategic and operational decision-making. This role must also be adept at building ad hoc reports, as well as working with Data and Engineering partners to design a comprehensive, sustainable data layer for the longer term.
What you’ll do:
- Understand the key drivers of the business (e.g. origination, repayment, conversion, unit economics/lifetime value of customer) and collaborate with cross-functional teams to align on defining/measuring the metrics that drive the business
- Collaborate with Data and Engineering to build sustainable reporting to enable better and faster insights (e.g. custom analytics tools, dashboards, and financial reports); report on weekly / monthly operational, business and financial performance
- Work with business stakeholders, Data and Engineering teams to validate data, identify gaps and contribute to changes in business processes and data pipelines to fix data gaps and to develop long-term solutions
- Work with non-technical business users to understand their analytical needs, document and prioritize requirements, and help them effectively use the data and analytical tools that the team has developed
- Build, run, validate and troubleshoot ad hoc reports; develop and maintain self-updating reports and dashboards in Lookr, Tableau, Excel, Google Sheets or similar
- Create and centralize set of data definitions that reflect the core drivers of the business
Who you are:
- Love data -- the messier, the better
- Can manage discovery and reporting projects from end to end
- Have a strong curiosity around what makes a business tick
- Know how to translate questions into metrics and reporting
- You are patient, tenacious and persistent
What you’ll need:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience and BS in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or related fields
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, R, etc.) a plus but not required
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence in a dynamic, cross-functional environment; customer-focused, with strong history of driving results, managing complexity and dealing with ambiguity
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by Google Ventures, IVP, Revolution, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.
Benefits and Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k and reimbursement for commuting expenses. To promote healthy work-life balance, we offer unlimited paid time off and paid parental leave. At Tala, we provide enriching opportunities for personal and professional development, including travel to our global markets to meet with actual customers.
We truly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.