Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than eight million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit. Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others.
We are looking for a Financial Crimes Analyst to join the Compliance Department and help scale our detection, monitoring, and reporting operations program for financial crimes related to money laundering and terrorist financing. You will demonstrate subject matter expertise in BSA/AML investigations, process, and data analytics. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help build the compliance framework for Dave.
What you'll do:
- Perform investigations pursuant to customer due diligence and suspicious activity monitoring programs; document results of investigations; maintain necessary records and files per regulatory and bank requirements to ensure efficient and consistent reporting of investigations.
- Prepare unusual activity (e.g. SAR) case narratives of red flags, suspicious activity, and adverse information.
- Conduct enhanced due diligence (EDD) reviews and historical transactional reviews.
- Partner with Customer Success and Fraud departments to field compliance escalations and train cross functional teams on how to detect suspicious activity.
- Manage SLAs and deadlines to meet KPIs, goals and internal benchmarks.
- Bring consistency and structure to a newly developed department while leveraging data to innovate and reduce Financial Crime and operational risks.
What you'll need:
- 1+ years of experience in BSA/AML/OFAC investigations
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
- An understanding of how to work in an entrepreneurial environment as a self-starter who can grab responsibility and run with it
- Ability to partner collaboratively and cross-functionally across various departments
- CAMS or CAFP certification a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.