Fandango- Sr. Database Architect at Fandango
- Work with engineering and business stakeholders to understand data requirements.
- Help shape the rapidly growing data needs by evaluating and recommending the best relational and non-relational data stores.
- Define, design, model, implement, and operate large, evolving, structured and unstructured data sets.
- Work with the latest cloud database solutions for high performance and availability.
• Minimum 5-7 years of database administration experience including expert understanding of Microsoft SQL Server.
• Open Source technology experience is a plus. Currently we are working with MySQL, AWS Redshift, Postgres and others.
• Proven disaster/recovery expertise via backup/restore methodology.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to understand complex relationships between components of multi-tiered and distributed applications.
• Broad knowledge of common applications and technologies in internet computing (web servers, database servers, load balancers etc.)
• Expertise with at least one highly-available database technology like clustering, replication, mirroring, etc. Preference will be given to candidates with solid transactional replication experience and troubleshooting.
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven experience migrating or upgrading database servers to the latest patch and revision levels.
• 24x7 on call rotation with ability to make correct decisions to resolve outages impacting production systems.
• Experience using NoSQL alongside RDBMS
• Amazon RDS
• Amazon Aurora
• Amazon Athena
• Cloud Solutions and Providers
• Amazon Redshift