Director, Data Science
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of 10+ data scientists in developing high-quality, robust predictive algorithms.
- Recruit, motivate, and develop the best data scientist talent in the world.
- Define Zest’s modeling strategy and manage pipeline for internal and external modeling efforts.
- Translate unstructured business problems into well-defined machine learning projects.
- Help develop robust, scalable infrastructure for real-time predictions.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, and Business Analysts to identify and manage high leverage opportunities for modeling work.
- Represent ZestFinance in calls, meetings, conferences to advance Zest’s position as the world’s leading ML team.
- Visibly drive innovation by incorporating new modeling capabilities and/or pioneering data sources.
- Develop and evangelize best practices for scoping, building, validating, and monitoring modeling projects.
We are looking for:
- Graduate Degree in Math, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related quantitative field.
- Prior experience in FinTech or related fields (preferred).
- Expert command of statistical analysis, algorithm development, and state-of-the-art tools and methodologies for data science.
- 8+ years creating predictive models using advance machine learning techniques.
- 3+ years managing a team of data scientists.
- Expert command of SQL and R or Python as applied to data science.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, or other big data platforms is a plus.
- Experience developing real-time production data pipelines.
- Experience interacting with external clients is a plus.
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Dog friendly office with lounge areas, video games and gigantic jigsaw puzzles
- On-site gym with yoga, salsa and other employee run fitness classes
- Generous family leave policy (6 month maternity leave/3 month paternity leave)
- Tuition reimbursement, conference allowance and Zest talks
- Complimentary massages, manicures, pedicures and more
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants and fully stocked kitchen
- Company happy hours, social events and outings