Director of Marketing and Sales Data Science
We believe that everyone should have access to professional legal advice. So, we’ve built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas and more. From Estate Planning, to Business Formations to IP, we’ve helped more than four million customers, providing the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, we’ve grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and we’re committed to making our services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before. Join us!
At LegalZoom, we simply do not believe that it should cost thousands of dollars to create a will, form a business, or apply for a trademark. So we started a movement to make legal help available to all.
The Director of Marketing and Sales Data Science will be responsible for getting our offerings to the right customers by improving our understanding of who buys our products, how they buy them, and why they buy them. This will include:
· Building and leading high-performing team consistent of the top talent in data science and analytics
· Collaborate with and influence leadership so that your team’s work directly impacts company strategy and direction
· Ensuring that our efforts to move metrics through go to market innovation are tested and analyzed with the appropriate level of rigor
· Developing deep partnerships with marketing, product, and operations teams to deliver on major cross-functional measurement, testing, and modeling efforts
· Communicating effectively to all levels of the organization, including executives
· Enabling the delivery of relevant customer and prospect communications powered by user data (e.g., in-product personalization)
· Increasing our ability to scale by helping our internal partners increase their data fluency
Skills and Experience
· People First – You are the kind of leader people trust and respect. People want to work for you because you enable them to be their best through your coaching and mentorship. You foster a culture that people are proud to be a part of and help us build a data org that is a coveted destination for top talent.
· Business Leadership –While you happen to be the data science leader for product and operations, you can decouple yourself from your functional area and provide product and operations leadership as well. You know our business well and have a strong point of view on how to advance it.
· Influential – People listen to you and take action as a result. You drive large, cross-functional bodies of work that materially change the business. You enable us to make better decisions, faster.
· Organizational Leadership – You can lead multiple teams and are able to grow and develop a bench of great leaders.
· Talent Magnet – You go the extra mile to build great teams. We are growing a ton and need leaders who are creative in how they find and hire the best people.
· Sets a High Bar – You lead teams that produce high quality work and you understand the work and how it is done well enough to know that your teams are upholding the standard. People know that they can trust your teams’ work.
· Knows the Craft – You know modern data stacks well, things like Python, Airflow, Jupyter notebooks, Tableau, Snowflake, etc. Your teams do clean and reproducible work, taking advantage of source control so that they can collaborate effectively. Analytically you the know core concepts of descriptive and predictive analytics. Sometimes you break the rules but you know the rules and have a principled reason for why you are doing so. You build teams that consistently do all of these things.
· Intentional – You know what your teams’ priorities are and why they are priorities. When asked to support something, you thoughtfully consider whether it is what’s best for the business before committing to invest in the work.
It is also worth noting that we are working remotely through at least 2021 and when we return to the office, we will have a hybrid model of working from home and the office. This role can be in either our SF Bay Area or LA offices.
If you have the above qualities and think it would be fun to work in an open and fast-moving environment in which we democratize law, then we look forward to receiving your application!
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.