The Director of Business Analytics will partner with business partners to develop analytical solutions and insights to answer key business questions, help set strategy and inform investments. The Director of Analytics will be well versed at telling stories with data and have the ability to develop an analysis plans to address pressing business questions, will have the technical capabilities to be hands-on in the data and analysis development and can guide and coach others within the organization.
THE DIRECTOR, BUSINESS ANALYTICS HAS FOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop data driven insights and solutions to address key business decisions
- Develop/design, track and measure and read out on in-market sales, offers, media test and provide recommendations on what actions the business should take
- Lead development of/create reporting/visualization solutions that allow key stakeholders to self-serve on day-to-day business performance
- Mentor, train and develop other analytics team members
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Develop standardized pricing / offer measurement framework which will support testing at scale and drive adoption across the organization
- Lead development of models, tools, insights to support media investment decisions across performance marketing
- Client / business partner feedback/target obtainment: role will directly support others within the organization so will be measured both on the team’s feedback and the overall success of the team
- Client/organization adoption of measurement framework/tool
- Curious - You are always ready to dig in and further explore if something seems off.
- Confident - You can tell a highly comprehensive, detailed, data-driven story across a wide audience with a focus on driving key results. You show up with a point of view.
- Critical thinker - Understands how to leverage data and analysis techniques to solve problems and identify root causes for determining or prescribing business outcomes
- Problem solver - You can identify gaps and concerns but focus on finding the solution.
- Pragmatic - You are not tied to predetermined outcomes but always driving to the truth and doing what is best for the business.
- Flexible - You are able to adapt to the needs of the situation; when priorities shift you adjust accordingly.
- Strategic Communicator - Ability to synthesize complex data into simple headlines
- Must Have
- 7+ years experience in a business analytics function, developing and presenting insights and analyses to key stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Technical skills (for example: SQL, Tableau, R, and/or Python) to aggregate data as needed and analyze data to address the business problem at hand
- Excellent communicator with a knack for explaining complicated / technical items in a simplistic way
- Strong leader who can challenge the status quo and drive change
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, with all levels of the organization, to develop analysis plans that address pressing business questions/concerns
- Demonstrated leadership experience directly leading a team and/or through mentorship/coaching of others
- Nice to Have
- Subscription business experience
- Energy/Renewable Energy industry experience
- Experience in media measurement, attribution modeling, etc