Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace. This creates a very exciting workplace that allows our employees to continuously expand their knowledge in all facets of digital marketing, while becoming industry thought leaders.
As a Database Reliability Engineer at Viant, you will own and manage a suite of data persistence systems, including MySQL, Aerospike, and cloud services such as Google Cloud SQL, Google Big Query, and Amazon RDS. You will be tuning and configuring our data platforms as well as building tools to monitor and troubleshoot our systems. You’ll support these systems in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation shared with other DREs. Collaborate with a wide variety of talented engineers to help them build reliable and scalable services. Over time, you’ll find ways to automate mundane tasks and focus on building the future.
- Research and deploy best-in-class database technology as Viant’s needs change.
- Engineer and run database infrastructure to meet performance, security, high availability and other requirements.
- Perform operational database administration (DBA) duties in a large-scale environment - this will include patching, environment cloning, database upgrades, application upgrades.
- Design and enhance disaster recovery and backup systems.
- Define and meet service level objectives for services in your care.
- Automate every aspect of datastore management that can be automated.
- 3+ years of experience designing and managing large-scale systems.
- Experience with Linux systems and networking
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Superior written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Self-direction and motivation.
- The ability to orchestrate and automate complex administrative tasks.
- Passion for stable and secure systems management practices.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL and other relational databases.
- Experience with larger OLTP MySQL installations (2+ TB per instance).
- Experience with Percona Server, RDS, Aurora, Google CloudSQL
- Experience with Google Big Query
- Coding experience in Python, Shell scripting and/or Go.
- Experience with load testing and tuning databases.
- Experience with Hashicorp products such as Terraform, Packer, Consul and Vault
- Writing and supporting SaltStack formulas
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 11 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.