Tamara Mellon, co-founder of Jimmy Choo, is no stranger to success or rule breaking. True to form, Tamara is now doing things differently— really differently.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, her three-year-old namesake label is the first-ever direct-to-consumer luxury women’s accessories brand. What this means in short: old school Italian craftsmanship without the retail markups.
For us, new luxury also means reinventing the shopping experience. Anyone who shops with us (or is a fan of the brand for that matter) is a VIP— think best-in-class customer service (we call them Liaisons) and complimentary shoe care with every purchase.
We’re dead serious about disrupting the status quo, and not just in the fashion industry. An outspoken advocate of women’s issues, Tamara Mellon is creating a community of like-minded, next gen consumers.
If you’re a rule breaker like us, and this sounds like the opportunity (not the job) you’ve been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to discover the information hidden in our data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver better business outcomes. Your goal will be to use data to predict demand, shorten our replenishment cycles and lower inventory level. You will be applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems. You will be working on projects such as demand forecasting, inventory replenishment, pricing , product testing, product attributes, flexible inventory, and supply chain optimization focused on speed improvements.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize product replenishment and supply chain efficiencies
- Will build, validate, and maintain AI, Machine Learning, Deep learning models for inventory replenishment and sales prediction
- Work with business function owners throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development and business strategies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze/measure model performance and data accuracy
- Recommend and drive process changes based on experiment design and analysis of operational data and user behavior to improve overall business performance
- As a key member of both the Analytics and Data Science team, as well as the Supply Chain team, must be able to synthesize findings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings
- Master’s degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or related field
- 3 to 5 years experience in building predictive models using statistics and/or Machine Learning at scale, preferably for a retail or supply chain company.
- Experience with extracting and delivering causal relationship findings from predictive models
- Must have knowledge of inventory management, merchandising, pricing, supply chain management, and optimization principles and concepts
- Experience thinking strategically to interpret market and consumer information, preferably about demand planning/forcasting and supply chain optimization
- Proven ability to work under only general direction and independently determine and develop approaches to solutions
- Expert in SQL and experience using Postgres, Redshift or BigQuery
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy)
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python or Julia) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distribution, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Technical familiarity with data integration for data warehousing
- Ideally have experience developing and working with inventory optimization and/or forecasting approaches for retail software or the retail industry
- Experience working for retailers, consulting to retailers or working in retail software industry a big plus
Unlimited paid time off
Medical, Dental and Vision
12 weeks maternity/paternity paid leave
Employee discount (50%)