Data Publishing Specialist
We're helping the world experience the joys of making music!
Alfred Music is seeking a Data Publishing Specialist to support the Production team by editing and maintaining catalog metadata while maintaining consistency. The Data Publishing Specialist will interact with other departments to ensure quality control and will assist with other various tasks associated within the reprint/production process.
In 2016, Alfred Music joined the Peaksware Holdings portfolio of companies which includes MakeMusic (SmartMusic & Finale), bringing together leaders in educational music publishing and music technology. Alfred is now paired with MakeMusic to transform how music is composed, published, taught, learned, and performed.
Please note: At this time we are engaging with local candidates only.
If you are extremely organized, love working with data - and love music too - then this role is perfect for you!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be responsible for maintenance of all critical product metadata including proofing and maintaining consistency for data intended for catalogs, web output, book trade (ONIX) output, and dealer data feeds
- Identify opportunities for SEO improvements
- Create new records following specific guidelines and categorize new records in order to place in all appropriate channels ensuring continuity of data
- Run data queries to assist other departments
- Assist IT, Marketing and/or Production with special projects associated with data cleanup or creating more rich data
- Troubleshoot problematic data and works towards efficient strategies
- Convert and process external data
- Input and maintain product data via the WebCRD reprinting system
- Provide copy editing and proofing for production, editorial, and/or other departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, you possess:
- Strong experience reading and understanding musical concepts
- 2+ years of working experience in data maintenance, working in a production environment and music training and/or general knowledge of musical concepts with the ability to copy edit music and text
- Strong passion for data driven solutions and consistency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with data maintenance, including troubleshooting
- Strong organizational skills relating to classifying and cataloging a wide range of products with excellent attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of PC and Mac OS environments/hardware/peripherals experience
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel)
Ideally, you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in music or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to collaborate, receive direction, follow specific guidelines, and manage pressure with a positive attitude
- Working knowledge of FileMaker 9-16
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Distiller), QuarkXpress, AS400, Suitcase Fusion, ASANA, Slack, and/or FTP clients
Benefits and Perks Include:
- Competitive, company subsidized medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- $600/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires...increases in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- A culture of trust and high employee engagement
- Plentiful and free parking