Data Integration Engineer at NuORDER
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:17 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, November 5, 2019
NuORDER is a venture-backed, B2B eCommerce technology company revolutionizing the way the $130 billion wholesale business is done. Since 2011, we’ve offered a platform to empower brands and retailers to conduct their business in a smarter, modern, more efficient way and 100% online. We’re digitizing the buying process and currently partnering with over 1,200 brands and 500,000 retailers within different verticals to provide a central place to browse different products and catalogs, access up-to-the-minute sales and inventory data, and place orders any time of day, even via mobile.
This position, located in Los Angeles, is part of the Data Integration team within the Services department, which owns the onboarding, enhancement, and support of data integrations between the NuOrder platform and our clients’ ERP, PLM, and other database systems. Our customers are top brands and retailers, and we help them integrate their internal systems with our Wholesale eCommerce platform to fully automate their order and sales pipeline. The Data Integration team is responsible for the data infrastructure that drives the partnership with customers and ensures their success through broad adoption of our solutions and best practices.
As a Data Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for scoping and delivering integrations and customization solutions that connect the NuOrder platform to data sources and workflows within third party applications. Your efforts will be critical to driving the long-term partnership between NuOrder and our customers.
You will drive the successful deployment of projects through development of solution infrastructure and the completion of integration jobs. You will be primarily responsible for solution designs and completing implementations. You will be expected to contribute to several implementations simultaneously, whether to setup new customers or to complete enhancement and expansion projects for existing customers. You will work directly with our clients and internal project teams to analyze and map data files, design solutions that address client needs, and implement specific business rule configurations.
- Develop scalable and extensible approaches to data integration between the NuOrder platform and third-party applications
- Provide technical expertise on design and architecture decisions as it relates to integration tactics and strategy
- Actively deliver multiple customer and partner projects simultaneously and resolve obstacles to completion
- Design and execute manual and automated tests, analyze the results, and deduce next steps
- Understand and interpret the business objectives and requirements in order to identify, access, and integrate the customer’s data sources
- Get involved in the pre-sales cycle to understand specific client requirements and contribute to statement of work proposals by producing technical requirements and cost estimates
- Collaborate with Customer Success, Product Management, and Engineering to identify and prioritize new platform features based on market needs
- Client services or programming experience with responsibility for scoping and delivering technical projects
- Demonstrated experience building, testing, and troubleshooting web applications built around web services and RESTful APIs
- Knowledge in database architecture, system environments, SQL, and other data integration tools
- Experience with UNIX / Linux command line
- Bonus points for experience with any of the following: Go, Java, Node.js, React, Bigtable, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, AWS, Docker
- Experience working in Agile development environments
- Project management expertise with an eye for detail and organized thought process
- Good speaker with the ability to build rapport with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment where decision making and swift execution command a high premium
- Work Experience: 3+ years of experience with client services or engineering, preferably in a B2B SaaS company
- Education: An undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
We’re creative, innovative, and helping businesses become more efficient. Ensuring that each member of our team feels fulfilled and on track to become the very best employee they can be is important - and we encourage our people to discover new ways of achieving specific goals. We fully believe that each and every individual part of our organization provides value, a new perspective and progress to NuORDER’s growth and success. Come join us so we can build together!
NuORDER offers a competitive salary and benefits package complete with medical, dental & vision insurance, a matching 401k program, flexible PTO & a wide array of holidays. We also offer paid maternal and paternal leave.
As a NuORDER employee, you can expect a variety of learning and development opportunities and a plethora of snacks, coffee, and sparkling water in our fully stocked kitchen! In addition, it’s not unusual for us to have Bagel Fridays, free lunches, game nights, and happy hours to bond as a team!
Read Full Job Description