Data Engineer at Anduril
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be the first Data Engineer at Anduril!
- Help lead the charge on building out our internal data infrastructure and driving towards insights that lead to step-function improvements in how we operate
- Own the end-to-end internal data engineering lifecycle including identifying and integrating new data sources, maintaining the health of our data pipelines and data warehouse, and working with stakeholders to model data into useful structures.
- Design best practices for data processing, modeling, and warehousing throughout the company.
- Help us make purchase decision on future tools we might need to scale our data infrastructure for the next 5 years.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software or data engineer.
- 5+ years experience in ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 5+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- 5+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- Experience working within AWS, Redshift, Terraform
- 3+ years of direct data engineering experience with programming languages such as SQL (dbt), Python, or similar languages.
- Background in ETL and data processing, with a knowledge for how to transform data to meet business goals.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to self project manage and communicate plans to key stakeholders
- Ability to manage and communicate data infrastructure plans, timelines, roadblocks, and needs to internal clients
- Experience acting as a technical subject matter expert on cross-team initiatives
- Experience in advising leadership at the director level on technical strategy and the team’s talent needs.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.