Location: CA, MN, NV, NY, TN, TX, UT, WA
We are looking to hire a Software Engineer (Data) who will design, develop and implement a series of data solutions in the AWS infrastructure for the TeleSign data pipeline.
Team members must be detailed oriented, demonstrate good risk management-based decision making, and bring innovative, reliable solutions to challenges and problems alike. Successful candidates will possess strong AWS technical skills, along with proven Data Engineering experience at scale. Candidates must self-motivated and demonstrate a drive to research and complete assigned tasks whether working independently as a member of a cross-organizational team.
What you will do:
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves and produce well designed and tested production quality code.
- Participate in implementing highly available and elastically scalable 24/7 services in the cloud.
- Participate in the design and code reviews to help increase the quality of our products
- Supports existing systems while making contributions towards future architecture
- Interacts with business units effectively regarding requirements and specifications
- Work collaboratively on some development tasks and independently on others.
- Participate and collaborate with team members in the development process: design, development, testing, deployment, and documentation
- Participate in generating engineering test plans from functional specification documents
- Participate in the development process: design, development, testing, and deployment
- Work closely with the team lead, and may act as team lead or technical lead for a large portion of a project
- 2+ years developing cloud-based, scalable ETL systems.
- Expertise in Python and SQL.
- Experience building data pipelines.
- Experience with docker and containerization.
- Experience shipping products.
- Familiarity with noSQL options, and their pros and cons (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc).
- Experience with ETL tools (AWS Step Functions/Airflow/Luigi, AWS Glue/Spark/PySpark, etc.))
- Experience with Git & Terraform.
- Excellent time management.
- Self starter can perform research independently
- Ability to speak and write clear English in order to facilitate clear, unambiguous communications
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and organizational skills
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more! ;)
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.
Telesign does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.