We are looking for a full-time data engineer with experience in building reports, inspecting data sources, and building data pipelines, for our SaaS platform clients.
You’ll work closely with our backend end engineers and our product team, with a direct impact in the data-related products you’ll be building. As a small distributed team, we rely heavily on effective communication and autonomy in order to build, iterate, and ship rapidly.
Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you'd learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you'll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to design, build & test end-to-end solutions.
- Oversee and analyze outgoing reports to client, and build solutions for clients to consume data.
- Design and implement ETL processes and pipelines.
- Maintain and administrate the data warehouse.
- Promote and maintain a healthy and collaborative culture across the team and organization
- Make recommendations regarding standards for data and code quality and timeliness
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Accounting or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience with SQL
- 2+ years of programming experience with one of the programming languages, such as Python, Ruby, Go, or Node.
- Self-starter attitude and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience with Python
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services
- Familiarity with relational databases, ideally PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases, ideally MongoDB
- Experience working with data warehouses such as Snowflake and Redshift
- Experience working with a Business Intelligence tool (Metabase, Tableau, Amplitude, Mode, preferably Periscope)
- Experience in data management or analysis
SURE is on a mission to improve every aspect of insurance by reinventing how people interact with insurance. Our e-commerce SaaS and CRM reinvents how people buy insurance, giving carriers and brokers a platform to reach out to customers and provide a hassle-free way to sell and manage insurance policies.
SURE revolutionized insurance in 2015 with the introduction of Episodic Insurance™, making it possible for anyone to purchase on-demand insurance with a smartphone. Today, SURE provides the tools that power global insurance companies and consumer brands to distribute and service any insurance policy digitally. This cohesive ecosystem of managed technology, insurance products, APIs, and Insurance-as-a-Service helps insurance companies and brands manage digital sales, launch new markets, and modernize their systems. Recently, SURE was selected as one of CNBC's Top 100 Startups. SURE has offices in Santa Monica, New York City, and Johannesburg, is licensed in all 50 states, and partners with more than 35 global insurance carriers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at SURE is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of criminal, education, driving and/or employment background. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application which includes work history, education details, and criminal history during or after the interview process. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.