Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
Viant’s Engineering team is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Irvine office. You will have the opportunity to work on the design and implementation of big data systems, working with petabytes of data and billions of transactions in real-time. Our platform uses advanced machine learning techniques and the newest big data processing technologies, and is deployed in a distributed, multi-region, cloud-based infrastructure
- Write complex SQL queries.
- Analyze and tune SQL queries.
- Write ETL and ELT jobs using various tools and programming languages.
- Proactively improve existing code and optimize existing ETL process based on constraints of time and cost
- Design, develop, test, debug and deploy applications and reports using various technologies.
- Import and export large amounts of data in formats like CSV, JSON, XML, etc.
- Solve complex performance problems, architectural challenges and production issues.
- Work with product owners, QA engineers and fellow engineers.
- Follow organization processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc duties as needed.
- B.S. degree in computer science or related fields preferred
- 2-5 years of experience working with J2EE/Servlet, JDBC, Java, Python and Bash
- Experience performing requirements gathering and identify the requirement gap
- Ability to perform data analysis on incoming data from 3rd party and identify data issues by using SQL and Excel
- Experience in utilizing different methods to reformat data for better use
- Ability to effectively identify, troubleshoot and resolve potential issues and production issues in a timely manner
- Commitment to providing excellent quality products
- Strong analytical and logical thinking capability
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, a strong team player
- Ability to adapt to fast changes in product requirements and development environment
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Hybrid work schedule
- Wellness programs – info sessions and occasional chair massages
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 11 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.