Data Engineer at Spokeo
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:19 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 14 billion records and 15 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more.
As a Data Engineer at Spokeo, you will be responsible for developing, optimizing and maintaining the ETL data pipeline. This involves working with infrastructure built in AWS, including Spark EMR, S3, and DynamoDB. Additionally, this role will help build analytical tools, develop unit and stress tests, and create automation surrounding the scheduling of the ETL data pipeline.
- Build infrastructure and automation for the extraction, preparation, and loading of data from various sources
- Create unit and stress test components to monitor technical performance and ensure identified issues are resolved
- Build and maintain analytical tools to provide data insight and capture key metrics
- Automate and integrate new components into the data pipeline.
- Utilize best practices for data governance, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL related activities.
- Maintain technical documentation
- 2+ years of development experience in data engineering
- 1+ years of professional experience working in big data ecosystems, such as Spark, Kafka, and Hadoop
- 1+ years of professional experience working with dataflow management tools, such as Pentaho, Amazon Glue, and Apache NiFi
- Hands-on scripting experience with Python, Scala and shell scripting
- Preference for development experience in highly-scalable, distributed systems and cluster architectures (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc)
- Familiarity with complex NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, etc)
- Prior experience working with large data sets (>1M+ records)
- B.S. preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field (foreign education equivalent accepted)
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.
Read Full Job Description