Data Engineer at WELL Health
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. Additionally, WELL Health is proud to recently be named #484 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies, and #133 on Deloitte’s 2021 Technology Fast 500. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
WELL Health is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing organization. You will report to our Director, Data Engineering and would be responsible for WELL Health’s data engineering platforms. You are someone that is excited about being a pioneer in the healthcare technology space. You enjoy managing large data sets, and building data models and processes in a structured, collaborative, and inclusive environment.
As a Data Engineer you will work with members of the Data team, as well as the Product and Application Engineering teams. You will manage existing data processes, work with Product and Engineering to implement new product capabilities, and build new system and data solutions.
This is an exciting role for an experienced data engineer that is looking for their next opportunity at a fast-paced startup.
- Contribute to the system architecture and infrastructure decision making processes
- Hands on management of ELT and data stream processes
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 4+ Years of Data Warehouse Experience with Oracle, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc.
- At least 2+ years of experience with Matillion
- At least 1+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or another public cloud service
- Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, etc.)
- Experience with Linux/UNIX
- Experience with maintaining multiple replicated Matillion environments
- Highly collaborative, with a team-first mentality
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership to ensure alignment and drive progress
- Extensive experience working with AWS with a strong understanding of Redshift, EMR, Athena, Aurora, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, EC2, etc.
- Experience with Looker and/or Tableau
- Experience with NLP
WELL Health is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. For this role, we are looking for candidates that are currently located within the United States and are seeking a permanently remote role. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at WELL Instagram (@wellhealthinc). To hear firsthand what it’s like to work at WELL Health, please view this team video.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL Health are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. WELL Health is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL Health is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL Health will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Candidates should be aware that WELL Health currently maintains a policy requiring all employees (Resident, Mobile and Remote) to be fully vaccinated. New employees should be fully vaccinated by their start date. WELL Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.