Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
We are looking for a Data Engineer with an eye for building and optimizing big data systems to join our team. Working in an AWS ecosystem, this role will work closely with the data science and analytics team to direct the flow of data within the pipeline and ensure consistency of data delivery and utilization.
- Implement the infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from backend services and web browser clients.
- Build and manage existing analytic tools to provide deeper insight into the pipeline and capture key metrics.
- Monitor technical performance and ensure that identified bugs are routed and resolved.
- Mentor team members on working with highly scalable distributed systems and cluster architectures and maintain up-to-date knowledge of technological advances.
- Work with large, complex SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Create unit and stress test scripts/modules.
- Write well-abstracted, reusable and efficient code.
- 3+ years of experience in backend software development.
- Strong scripting, programming, and SQL skills.
- Experience with and an understanding of ETL tools.
- Experience with AWS services like Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, Glue, etc.
- Experience working with large data sets (billions of records).
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented mindset.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.