Data Engineer, Analytics
- Design and build the infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from backend services and web browser clients to data lake for business and product analytics.
- Build and manage existing analytics tools to provide deeper insight into the pipeline and capture key metrics.
- Monitor technical performance and ensure that identified bugs are routed and resolved.
- Mentor team members on working with highly scalable distributed systems and cluster architectures and maintain up-to-date knowledge of technological advances.
- Work with large, complex SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Create unit and stress test scripts/modules.
- Write well-abstracted, reusable, and efficient code.
- 5+ years of experience in backend software development.
- Strong scripting, programming, and SQL skills; preferably using Python, Ruby, and ANSI SQL.
- Experience with and understanding of event data collection tools like Snowplow, Segment, Google Tag Manager, Tealium, and mParticle, etc.
- Experience with and understanding of ETL tools.
- Experience with AWS services like EMR Spark, Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, Glue, Athena, etc.
- Experience working with large data sets (billions of records).
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented mindset.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.