Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of specialists in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies.
If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact and are looking for an opportunity to work on a highly autonomous team, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
The Perception team at Anduril is developing software at the intersection of machine learning, computer vision, and sensor fusion. We apply deep learning techniques to multi-spectral sensor inputs for autonomous detection and classification. Lattice Ghost UAS, Sentry Tower, and other autonomous platforms work in tandem to fuse these detections using Bayesian inference. Our engineers also apply classical techniques in computer vision to perceive environmental features for pose estimation and GPS-denied navigation. Perception engineers at Anduril develop cutting edge software for autonomous operation and situational awareness.
As a Data Annotation Supervisor, your role will be to work across multiple product teams to provide data annotation capabilities across a growing variety of data types including, but not limited to, images, video and radar. As we grow our product offerings and sensor capabilities and rely further on deep learning, we expect the Data Annotation Supervisor to take ownership over the pipeline to go from data to reliable, annotated ground truth that can be used to drive mission critical operations that our customers rely on our products to provide.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to build and maintain datasets
- Build and own centrally managed datasets used to power deep learning models used in mission critical use cases across products
- Supervise internal annotation team including approving time cards, tracking annotation efforts, and coordinating access to systems
- Develop and own repeatable annotation processes aligned to product needs, consult with product and engineering teams to help design data collection projects
- Collaborate with engineering to continuously improve annotation workflows
- Collaborate with test teams to augment datasets with new data
- Work with business to forecast annotation needs and build roadmap and hiring/contracting plans accordingly
- Research, identify and execute on contracts with outside vendors to annotate data, which may include negotiating pricing and scheduling large annotation jobs
- Develop key workflows, processes and KPIs to measure annotation performance and quality in order to build large, robust and trusted datasets
- Maintain clear lines of communication to stakeholder teams for better understanding of annotation project efforts and timelines
- Experience in project management including requirements gathering, project planning and capacity planning
- Experience in people management including day-to-day management of tasks, prioritization and resolution of issues and experience with career planning
- Experience in vendor operations
- Proven ability collaborating with engineering teams in a Machine Learning domain to simplify annotation workflows and improve ML performance
- Strong communications & presentation skills, particularity in breaking down complex topics related to Machine Learning in a clear and consumable manner
- Advanced understanding of common data processing workflows
- Technical capabilities to implement new transformation logic or new annotation workflows independently of engineering teams
- Proven experience in working with ambiguous requirements and fast paced environment
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems and export controlled data.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!