Greater LA Area
At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $115M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
As Data Analyst, your innate curiosity and passion for seeking answers to complex problems will drive customer growth at Aspiration. You will help revolutionize the personal banking experience. And change the world. You are a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and ability to translate findings into actionable recommendations. This position requires experience analyzing data, generating reports and providing insights based on findings.
What You'll Do
- Collect and analyze data and present research, findings, and recommendations to cross-functional teams including Product Management, Marketing, UX, Finance & Technology.
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports.
- Work with departmental managers to outline the specific data needs for each business method analysis project.
- Segment traffic to understand and optimize user experience and conversion based on source, channel, visitor frequency, tenure, demographics, etc.
- Use analytics to inform projects and drive product decisions pre- and post-launch, coupled with a good understanding of best practices, good UX, and what works well.
- Analyze marketing channels to drive ROI across channels and help define channel attribution models.
- Generate ad hoc and scheduled reports with KPIs and other pertinent metrics; develop analytics dashboards and automated reports.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure data accuracy and consistency and provide actionable insights.
- Data exploration, visualization, and dashboard creation. Identify trends and drivers, perform exploratory data analysis and present views that will provide visibility into our business performance.
What You'll Bring
- 1-3 years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or a related discipline. Master’s degree a plus.
- You're passionate about data. You are comfortable with exploratory analysis and statistical techniques and are driven to find meaningful patterns and trends in the data.
- You are insatiably intellectually curious, you have a structured approach to problem solving that you are continuously refining
- Experienced in analytics tools.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Looker is a plus.
- Must be proficient in SQL. Other programmable languages such as R or Python are a plus.
- Technical, analytical work experience in web analytics data and tools.
- Resourceful and a motivated problem solver. You enjoy and have the ability to tackle complex problems, draw inferences from data, and use your analysis skills and business acumen to identify solutions.
- You have excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage projects supporting multiple business partners.
- Collaborative and open minded. You have experience and an interest in partnering with diverse team members, who are coming to the table with different perspectives and ideas. You are open to creative approaches to solving problems.
- Experienced with an inclination towards technical solutions.
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions.
- Competitive salary and equity incentives.
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time.
- Dog-friendly office in beautiful Marina del Rey with an in-office gym.
- Diverse & inclusive culture.
Read Full Job Description