We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our Data Analytics team. In this role, you’ll partner cross departmentally to leverage data from our vast data lakes to solve a plethora of business problems. Using tools as simple as a SQL query, or as complex as Random Forest machine learning algorithm, you’ll develop a greater understanding of the business, our customers, and the data that they produce. You’ll work with our machine learning and data infrastructure teams, delivering solutions to everyone from customers to the Executive team.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the US. However, we are not able to sponsor visas/work authorization for this role.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization (R&D, Finance, Sales, etc) to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data from a variety of sources to drive optimization and improvement of product development, account management, and business strategies
- Write and interpret complex SQL queries for standard as well as ad-hoc data analysis purposes, and use data to generate useful business reports
- Work with Software Engineers, Product Managers, and UX Designers on data analytics processes, from infrastructure and curation of data, to reporting and visualization
- Build and maintain data visualizations in Looker, Tableau, and similar systems to support internal needs
What we're looking for:
- 2 years exp in a data analytics or data engineer role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Analytics/Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related disciplines
- Highly proficient with SQL and working with relational databases
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, or similar BI/Data Visualization tool
- Experience using Python, R or SAS
- Excellent Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Experience working with developers, and capable of translating business requirements to technical deliverables
- Goal-oriented, passionate, high-energy professional with ‘no excuses’ attitude
- Willingness to learn new technologies, self-motivated, and able to work independently and cross-functionally
- Experience working with Finance teams to translate business requirements to technical deliverables is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.