Data Analyst, Patient Engagement
We’re WELL and we’re the modern communication platform for the $3.5 trillion healthcare industry. Using WELL, patients engage with their healthcare teams on their schedule and based on their preferences.
We are well-funded and growing quickly. More than 20,000,000 patients use our platform to communicate with their physicians and other healthcare professionals. Our investor’s portfolios include blockbuster companies like Docusign, Intercom, Wag, Seismic and many more.
As an early employee joining our 65+ person team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives by improving their everyday interactions with their healthcare providers.
The Data Analyst, Patient Engagement develops key product and business insights for our clients and internal teams, focused on Patient Engagement. In this role, you’ll work directly with Customers, Vendors, and Partners, as well as internal Product, Data Engineering, and Customer Success teams. You will drive WELL’s data-driven analysis of ROI, best practices, and patient experience goals. You will be working with a rich data set drawn from 100s of millions of patient interactions across the United States.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Communicate with Customers, Vendors, and other Partners to understand their business goals and associated metrics
- Work with Customers, Vendors, and other Partners to get their metrics and metric calculation methodology
- Develop full list of relevant Customers, Vendors, and other Partners metrics and underlying data
- Map Customers, Vendors, and other Partners data to WELL Generated data model
- Obtain and refresh Customers, Vendors, and other Partners’ data related to specific metrics used in ROI calculation
- Work collaboratively with Customer Success and Product to develop and maintain a set of best practices that drive these metrics
- Develop credible and verifiable calculation and data validation that show impact of WELL usage - generate testable conclusions with a solid understanding of logical traps like correlation vs causation, survivor bias, etc
- Work with Data Engineering, Customer Success, and Sales and Marketing teams to deliver actionable insights based on verified customer data
- Innovate! Implement innovative quantitative analyses, try new data wrangling techniques, and experiment with new visualization tools
- Bachelor's in mathematics, statistics, data science, engineering, or a relevant field of study
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics and business intelligence or related role
- Advanced Excel / Google Sheets skills including functions, pivot tables, charts, macros
- 2+ years of experience with SQL. Python is a plus
- High-level understanding of how Machine Learning works and ability to consider its opportunities and limitations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with good business sense.
- Attention to detail
- Passion for improving patients’ healthcare experience
- Driven to understand the full set of WELL product capabilities from both a user and a technical perspective
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solid project management and organizational skills
- Customer Support domain knowledge is a plus
- Full Health Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Generous equity package
- Unlimited Vacation / PTO
- Located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Fantastic company culture
- Frequent happy hours and events
- Stocked kitchen
- Ergonomic desk setup
- Dog friendly office