Consumer Insights Senior Manager at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Director of Consumer Insights to join the Marketing Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Role:
The Director of Consumer Insights will be tasked with representing the voice of the consumer to several stakeholder teams within the walls of Honey and driving strategic decision-making based on consumer data and actionable insights. They will build an internal research operating model from the ground up and play a center-of-excellence role that supports research efforts across the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Create & execute a consumer insights strategy and vision that supports product, marketing & creative efforts
- Must be able to design, structure, execute and manage both quantitative and qualitative research
- Lead consumer understanding to identify unmet consumer needs, barriers, market whitespace, and growth opportunities
- Lead the development and execution of custom research and analytics across consumer segmentation, advertising campaigns, member engagement initiatives, & UI/UX testing
- Deliver strategic insights and recommendations for product positioning, communication & persona development
- Drive the discovery and infusion of consumer insights required to evolve the Honey brand, business model & go-to-market efforts
- Own the reporting & measurement of Honey’s brand tracker and draw insights to diagnose key drivers of business performance with recommendations on how to move forward
- Maintain a strong voice grounded in consumer insights to drive strategy across product, marketing & creative
- Foster strong working relationships with internal functions and manage external research partnerships
- 6+ years of experience in consumer & strategic insights at a consumer brand (high-growth start up/CPG) or research agency
- Strong analytical skills with experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Extensive knowledge of market research tools and methods with the ability to solve business problems through traditional & innovative methods
- Demonstrated success collaborating, partnering, and influencing at all levels and across all functions of an organization
- Strong interpretive skills & ability to quickly understand data and draw conclusions
- Comfortable managing & prioritizing requests, deadlines, and deliverables in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity in a fast-paced and self-driven environment
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.